1. The Polytechnic Act of 2001 states in Part 14 (1) (D): “… a Registrar, who shall, subject to the direction of the Principal, be head of the Polytechnic Registry, custodian of the common seal, and who shall perform other duties assigned to him by the Council or as prescribed by law.”
2. The seat of the Registry of the Polytechnic is at Goderich Campus. The office is present on the other campuses: - Congo Cross and Brookfield.
HIGH HIERARCHY IN THE REGISTRY
(2) Senior Deputy Registrar
(3) Deputy Registrar – Human Resource
(4) Deputy Registrar
(5) Assistant Registrar
(6) Administrative Officer
(7) Assistant Administrative Officer
THE HIERARCHY IN THE EXAMINATIONS OFFICE
1. Examination Officer
2. Deputy Examination Officer
3. Assistant Examinations Officer
The Polytechnic Registry perform the following duties
1. Issuing letters of employment.
2. Serving as Secretary to the Academic Board and other standing committees.
3. Preparing schedules for academic meetings/workshops and curriculum review committee meetings.
4. Liaising with the Deans of Faculties and Heads of Departments in the operations of their offices.
5. Serving as Secretary to Faculty/Head of Department meetings.
6. Monitoring the delivery of lectures, students’ attendance and lecturers’ response to duties.
7. Overseeing the admission process and issuing letters of Admission.
8. Preparing nominal rolls and class lists in respect of programmes/courses and levels.
9. Releasing notices and informing Deans of Faculties/Heads of Departments about the commencement dates for interviews, Orientation, Matriculation, and Convocation.
10. Supervising the development/preparation of the Polytechnic Calendar of Events.
11. Overseeing Orientation Sessions, Matriculation and Convocation Ceremonies.
12. Assisting the Director of Research and Publications.
13. Preparing and presenting all minutes, reports and notices of meetings workshops, Conference, etc.
14. Overseeing activities in the Examinations Office and Human Resource and Administrative Services Department.